Tickled Pink Stamps sponsors Sketchy Colours

Good morning! I meant to do this post last night but got a bit sidetracked :S Sorry!

Tickled Pink Stamps is sponsoring Sketchy Colours this month and this week the challenge is a colour challenge - blue, beige and white. I have inked up the gorgeous 1930's Evie from the Fashionette collection for the occassion. I love the vintage colour combo so I thought that a vintage style stamp would suit. Isn't she lovely?  I dug out a Stamp-It stamp I had in my drawer to stamp in the background. It is called "Time in Paris" and is stamped in DI - Old Paper.


I had a label shape that I had cut on the cricut for something else but I misaligned the paper so the edge was flat so I thought I couldn't use it.. but it turns out, it is perfect to stand the card up. I cut the matts to match and distressed the edges. I am really enjoying this vintage/shabby style at the moment. So much so that I attempted watercolouring on the weekend... Oh my... Hats off to all of you watercolourers out there - OMG it takes forever! Copics are so much faster. but watercolouring is really relaxing. If I am feeling brave I'll show you in the next few days how it turned out :)

Evie is coloured in Copics. Her outfit was coloured in B 01, 00, 000, 0000, but it was too bright, so I went over it with E 41 (shaddow areas) and E 0000 (lighter areas) to tone it down a little. The gorgeous papers are Websters minis and I made a little cream lace flower (just under the pale blue rose).

The Sketchy Colours Challenge runs until Saturday so please head over and check it out!  The DT is just amazing and features ex Pink Lady Maya and my MDUC Teamie Anne - both wonderfully talented and also gorgeous people as well.

Some challenges for this card are:
Trule Scrumptious - Vintage
Paper Sundaes - Sundae Bar (Sparkle, Die cuts and Pearls)

I also just want to finish up this post today to remember that it is ANZAC Day in Australia and New Zealand today. For those in the Northern Hemisphere wondering what that is.. (From Wikipedia):  Anzac Day is a national day of remembrance in Australia and New Zealand, and is commemorated by both countries on 25 April every year to honour members of the Australian and New Zealand Army Corps (ANZAC) who fought at Gallipoli in Turkey during World War I. It now more broadly commemorates all those who died and served in military operations for their countries.

It is a special day, one that I remember as a child attending ANZAC Day marches at the War Memorial to celebrate those brave men and women who served in the so that we could live in peace today.


Lest We Forget.

Comments

  1. I loooooove this! I was going to make something like this as when I seen it on the blog I fell in love with it but didn't know how you got it to stand, NOW I see DUH me lol! Colouring is amazing and everything is gorgeous like always!

    Hugs,
    Kellie

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow this is just amazing! The doily is so pretty and I like the ribbon you added under the flower. And of course the TH filmstrip is a personal fav of mine.

    ReplyDelete
  3. This is gorgeous, love the shape, the image the detail, everything!
    Helen x

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hi Kylie, gorgeous card, love the pastel colours you used and that 30's image is lovely! HUgs, Frea

    ReplyDelete
  5. WOW!! I absolutely adore this card hun! The shape is so gorgeous - makes me want a Cricut! Love all the gorgeous vintage details! hugs, Jane x

    ReplyDelete
  6. Wonderfull Kylie!!
    Love the vintagelook

    hugs
    sonja

    ReplyDelete
  7. What a fantastic card.

    Marie-Anne

    ReplyDelete
  8. Totally gorgeous Kylie - love the shape and the fab details!
    xXx

    ReplyDelete
  9. This is fantastic - cute image and the colours, flowers etc are just wonderful

    ReplyDelete
  10. Hi hunny :)
    I saw this card in the TPS blog yesterday and I was totally blown away!
    Stunning coloring!! And while we are on that subject: I'm convinced you'll rock at watercoloring as well! I know! It really takes forever! But like you said: it's very relaxing. Almost terapeutic ;)

    Back to your card: I also LOVE the shape! How are you able to make them!? They're so fab! Stunning detail and lovely papers! And yes Hun: a very shabby feeling :) :)

    Hugs

    ReplyDelete
  11. So gorgeous card Kylie.I love the image and your papers.

    Hugs Riet.xx

    ReplyDelete
  12. Oh my this is unbelievable! Your shading and choice of papers and embellishments is just too delicious! Thank you for joining us at Paper Sundaes - we hope to see you again soon!

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Hi! I'd love to hear what you think of my creations. Please leave a comment or ask any questions.