"Every day......

... is another chance to make your dreams come true" - well, isn' that the truth! One of my dreams came true today - but I'm not telling you what that is yet...you'll just have to wait for another day!

Just Magnolia's special monthly challenge is "Fold it" - you need to have a minimum of two folds. I lost count how many I had! It is actually a diagonal double pocket card which I made using the tutorial by Claudia Rosa which you can find HERE.

I've used cute little Edwin and his lizard on some faux leather (its basically cardstock both dry embossed and heat embossed) and lots of stitching! Its nice to sometimes make a male card and get little Edwin out to play. My plan is to use one of the pockets to put a gift card in. On the back of the tag is a place to write a message.

I've used eyelets and threaded some twine through in blanket stitch and distressed and stitched all of the edges.



Its a bit hard to see in my pics but the lizard is actually glossy.



I've coloured Edwin with Copics:
Skin - E21, E00, E000, R20
Hair - E53, E55, E57
Shoes - E55, E57, C1, C3, C5
Jeans - BG 72, Bg 75
Top - E31, E34, C1, C3
Lizard - YG 05, YG 23, E34

The patterned paper is Kaisercraft (I know, again!) and is from the Devonshire Collection in "Clarabelle". The cardstock is Stampin Up "Real Rust" and "Kraft". Everything else is from my stash.

Comments

  1. VERY cute, VERY clever! Love the faux leather - it's the perfect finish - hope it isn't lizard skin leather ;)
    xXx

    ReplyDelete
  2. WOW this looks amazing,I love the stitching and faux leather.....perfect for a boy card!!! Have a wonderful Easter!!
    xx

    ReplyDelete
  3. Cool card! I love that embossing...it goes great with Edwin's little lizard. Great sentiment, too! Gina L

    ReplyDelete
  4. oh my!! This is just fabulous! I love everything about it. Must have taken you ages to pull this one together.

    Hope you and your family have a wonderful Easter.
    Take care, Hugs
    Zoe xxoo

    ReplyDelete
  5. This is really cute! I've made one of these before.. had forgotten all about it! Hey... you should really put a search box on your blog - cause I just had to look everywhere for your Joy Fold Tutorial!! Love the faux leather!!!

    ReplyDelete
  6. That is fantastic Kylie. Where do you find the time to craft like you do...you must be a quick worker! I am loving all of your work. Just gorgeous!

    ReplyDelete
  7. This is Gorgeous Kylie!!

    Sammi
    xx

    ReplyDelete
  8. Hey Kylie! This is too cute! Love this style of card!!!! You really did a great job with this boy card!
    Thanks for joining us at Just Magnolia this week!
    Hugs, Dena

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Hi! I'd love to hear what you think of my creations. Please leave a comment or ask any questions.